Make your own free website on
Home | Club History | Match Reports | Player Information | Team Lineups | Fixtures & Stats | Links & Contacts

Inter Manor FC Official Website

Archived Match Reports

Inter Manor 3 v 1 Starlite - 30/11/08


Another disorganised start to a Sunday morning saw just 10 players taking to the pitch after Ronnie and Baxter pulled out injured on the morning of the game. A 4-4-1 formation with Manager and Keeper Dan Evans playing the Jan Molby role in central midfield looked like it was going to be a difficult morning for the Hoops.


The game started with a frantic pace and neither side managed to dominate possession. The Manor back four once again looked solid, led will be the Skipper Rich Robins, and never looked under threat.


With the first half remaining goalless, it was Starlite who started the brightest in the second period and took the game by the scruff of the neck with their striker beat the offside trap and finished coolly in the top right hand corner to take the lead. However, Manor reacted superbly to this and struck back 5 minutes later when Lee Brockett found himself 16 yards out and unmarked as he slotted him underneath the diving Keeper.


With Lee Brockett flourishing alongside Dan Evans and Steve Brockett back out to the left wing - looking as lively as ever - Manor began to dominate. Some neat work from Heskel down the right hand side saw the ball ricochet out to the consistent Dale Collinson who hammered home a superb strike from 20 yards that crashed in off the right hand post as the Keeper could only stand and watch.


Chances were had by both teams and some excellent defending by Matt Saunders, putting his body on the line kept Manor in the game. The points were sealed with 10 minutes when the talented Lee Brockett cut in from the left hand corner of the area, beat 2 mean and curled home a left foot shot before the Keeper had time to adjust himself.


An all-round team performance and a thoroughly deserved 3 points.



Belstone Reserves 20 Inter Manor - 26/10/08


Inter Manor continued the terrible start to the season with a 2-0 away defeat. With both Joe and Danny failing to turn up on the morning of the match and Ally having no contact lenses, it was far from an ideal start. The manager wanted an improved work rate from the week before which saw a heavy defeat at home to Hatch End. In the rain at Belstone’s Radlett ground, Manor were under early pressure as a 5 man Belstone midfield dominated the game. With no Manor playing able to win the headers or second balls it was only a Manor of time until the Hoops resistance was broken. This happened after 25 minutes when a long ball from their keeper was allowed to bounce be Lee Brockett who was the beaten to the ball by the Striker who eventually curled it in the bottom left hand corner.


Belstone continued to apply some pressure as the Manor side began to get stretched. It took a couple of saves from Dan in goal to keep the score at 1-0 but on the stroke of half time Belstone bundled home from a corner to make it 2-0. The second half saw a slight change in personnel and this paid off as the defence began coping well with their style of play but it was at the other end where Manor suffered as no clear cut chances were made. Steve Brockett scored direct from a free kick only for it to be ruled out as he had not noticed it was a in-direct free kick! Dan made another few saves to keep the score down and was helped out thanks to a solid back line. Marcus once again played well up front and on the flank, Adam battled well at right back and Rob Rispin excelled when pushed out to the right wing in the second half. Some positives to take form this but it puts more pressue on the team to begin getting points on the table sooner, rather than later.



Inter Manor 1 v 6 Hatch End - 19/10/08


It was another defeat for the Manor as the team got off to its worse start since the 2002/03 season when the team lost its first 5 league games. With the team once again failing to dominate in midfield and win their second balls, it resulted in Hatch End creating chance after chance in the first period before finally breaking the deadlock after half an hour. Marcus then had a glorious opportunity to make it 1-1 but one touch too many after rounding the keeper allowed the defender to recover well. Manor were once again punished for their mistakes when they failed to close down the oppsing midfielder who saw his strike squirm away from Stuart in goal and once again the only player following in was the opposition striker.


The second period started badly as the Hoops conceded after 1 minute and Hatch End eventually scored another three including a curling effort from the edge of the box. But it was Lee Brockett who scored the goal of the game as he came forward from the back to lash home an effort from 30 yards that went in off the bar, however it was scant consolation to another disappointing morning’s football.


Starlite 7 v 7 Inter Manor - 12/10/08


This was a bizarre match that saw some positives and plenty of negatives. The team were buoyed by gaining the first point of the season but it felt much like a defeat as the victory seemed secure after an hour when the side were 7-2 up. However, mistakes throughout the side (including the keeper) led to Starlite eventually equalising with the last kick of the game. Full credit to them but it was Manor that let them back into it as we didnt have an answer to wave after wave of attack.


The match did see another solid performance from Marcus who chased the ball all day, a hat-trick for Steve Brockett despite playing 45 mins at left back after Rich got injured and a debut hat-trick for Ronnie who it seems, will provide much needed options in the final third as the side try to be more clinical in front of goal.


Yeading AFC 7 v 2 Inter Manor - 28/09/08


Manor were knocked out of the County Cup 1st round in comprehensive fashion against a solid Yeading side. Once again the side conceded within the opening minutes as a scuffed shot that seemed to be causing no danger went through a crowd of bodies, through a defenders legs and into the net. With Manor’s confidence low, it was a good effort as the side had the majority of the next 20 minutes creating 1 glorious chance as Marcus cut inside his defender on the edge of the box and with time and space to find the finish, only managed to hit it straight at the keeper.


Manor continued to apply good pressure but failed to get ay chances in behind the opposition defence and with the Hoops back four looking disorganised the inevitable happened with Yeading went 2-0 up. The third came from a disastrous own goal from the Skipper and it was 5-0 at half time.


Harsh words were said at half time by the Gaffer and the lads responded in the right manner eventually drawing the second half 2-2. Full credit to Yeading who continued to work hard and play football despite the scoreline and there were some standout performances from Marcus, who grabbed a brace – the first a neat finish from 14 yards out and the second a glancing header and Danny who never stopped running and creating in this match.


Manor will look to bounce back in the league after 3 defeats on the bounce and only 1 win since pre-season began.


Inter Manor 1 v 3 Xotic - 21/09/08


Despite Xotic starting with 10 men on the pitch, it was the visitors who started the game with vigour on a freshly cut Cavendish pitch. The opponents work ethic was evident from the start as the chased lost causes and caused the Manor back four all sorts of problems. This paid off when a relatively innocuous back pass to the Manager and Keeper Dan Evans lead to the opening goal. As the ball was played back the keeper seemed to take one too many touches and after trading on a bit of stray plastic, miss-kicked his clearance straight to the oncoming who striker who then nodded home from 1 yard after the ball ricocheted in the air.


Conceding inside the first 5 minutes was real blow and this lead was doubled 10 minutes later when a run from the left winger saw a low drive flash across the face of the box and the oncoming midfielder, who had not been tracked by his marker, toe poked home front 7 yards. Xotic continued to dominate and Manor were second to everything – it was clear who wanted it more.


The third goal for Xotic game from a good run from their right winger who played a neat ball into the feet of the striker who spun and shot low past Dan Evans despite having three strikers closing him down.


Manor pulled one back before half time when some good work from Marcus led to Matt Heskel knocking home from 1 yard.


The game finished and the best team won. Manor need to improve if they are to make a mark this season.



Woodlands Utd 3 v 2 Inter Manor - 14/09/08


It wasn’t the best start to the season when the team didn’t leave Cavendish until 9.50 despite a 9.15 meeting time! With the ref keen to get started at 10.30 on the dot, the players were forced to do the quickest of warm-ups and get the game underway. On what was an extremely sloped pitch, Manor lost the toss and kicked down hill first. It was a bright opening with both teams looking to play football. Manor kept their shape well and after an prolonged spell of pressure the away side took the lead via Dan Baxters first competitive goal for the club for over 2 years. The ball fell kindly to Dan on the left hand corner of the box and he curled in a smart first-time shot that sailed in past the full stretched keeper, inside the far post.


But The Hoops were caught on the suckerpuch as we conceded within 15 seconds of the restart with their man running through the middle of the park before curling a shot from the edge of the box just inside Dan's right hand post. This seemed to get the home side going, who were spurred on by a good home support. It was 1-1 at half time and it was Manor who scored first in the second half when some good work from Baxter found Rob making a late run into the box and he finished well lifting the ball over the advancing keeper.


Unfortunately, Woodlands looked the more energetic team and made the most of having 2 subs (we only had 1) and the fresh legs paid dividends as they counter attacked well down our right hand side and with confusion between Lee and Paul as to the offside trap, it was their sub who was unmarked 15 yards out and drilled home to make it level.


Despite some good approach play, Manor failed to get the third goal and it was the home side that nicked it with 10 minutes to go as their player found some space on the edge of the box and curled a well placed effort past the diving Evans in goal. Manor still had chances to make it 3-3, the best falling to sub Joe minutes before the end but he could only hit it straight at the keeper.


It was a good team effort and there were plenty of positives to take from the match. The team spirit, passing and work ethic will stand the team in good stead for what will no doubt be a tough campaign.


Inter Manor 3 v 1 Broadfield Warriors - 9/2/08 

Manor thought they had a strong squad to choose from but with Tomoki pulling out the day before and Dennis failing to turn up, they went in to the game with just 1 fit sub, Paul Quinnell. The gaffer started with a 442 and the game was a stalemate for the first 20 minutes as the Hoops defence tried to contain the opposition keeper's long kick, with Matt Saunders remaining firm throughout. As Manor pushed forward to try and stamp their authority on the game the were caught with a sucker punch when Lee Brockett mistimed an interception allowing their striker clean through and he managed to get a shot away from 12 yards out. The initial effort was well saved by Dan but the ball fell straight to the feet of the striker who tapped home the rebound.


It was an uncharacteristic error by Lee and the fact that he showed ill discipline and a lack of respect for his team mates by disobeying the club curfew and partying in Ruislip’s equivalent to Faces nightclub (the Black Bull) was a major disappointment.


The Hoops, tried to hit back immediately and with Pat leading the line superbly the side always looked dangerous. Pats tireless running nearly pulled the team back level after a mazy run saw his shot deflected and loop over the keeper only for it to hit the bar and land yards away from Danny who was following in. Despite some hard work, the lads huffed and puffed but never really created any clear cut openings to get themselves back in the game. The Manor trailed 1-0 at half time.


Stern words were exchanged at half time which saw the gaffer single out Lee for criticism and he duly apologised. A tactical change was made and unfortunately for Damo, he was the sacrificial lamb in all of it. Full credit to him though he took it well and understood it was for the good of the team. Paul came on for Damian and the change saw Marcus switch to left wing, Lee move up front and Paul slot in at centre half.


The Manor began the half with real purpose and it was clear they had the bit between their teeth. They began playing the ball to feet and Lee’s strength was a constant threat. It took ten minutes to get back on level terms after Kieran played a neat ball in behind the centre half for Lee to pounce on to and he tucked the bull over the advancing keeper much to the relief of the Manor faithful.


This really stirred the side up and with Steve’s and Danny’s running forcing the defence on the back foot. 10 minutes later the Hoops took the lead as Lee claimed his second of the game after netting from just inside the 18 yard box, drilling the ball across the face of goal into the far post.


Braodfield Warriors’ heads dropped and with Dale clearing a goal-bound shot off the line and Rich and Matt nullifying the threat of the wingers there only ever looked one winner. The final ten minutes saw Manor pin back the opposition and force corner after corner. Eventually a direct and forceful run by Danny straight at the heart of the defence forced a wreckless tackle from the centre half and with 2 minutes to go Manor had the chance to make it 3-1 from 12 yards. With Lee on a hat-trick and Danny eager to get on the score sheet it was eventually Pat who stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way.


As the final whistle went the Hoops celebrated booking their place in their first ever final. It was an excellent 45 minutes from the lads and a performance they will have to repeat throughout the 90 minutes against Sweeney’s if they are to have any chance of winning the 2007/08 League Trophy.  


Inter Manor 1 v 1 Landsdowne 2nds 

Manor welcomed back Steve Brockett to the starting line-up in place of the absent Dennis in the only change from last weeks team. The side also welcomed back Matt Heskel and Marcus who started on the side lines. The game kicked off late but as soon as it did get underway Manor were on the back foot and once again a few of the players commitment and attitude was being questioned. However, despite some early opposition pressure it was Manor who started to get the ball down and play some neat football with some early link up play between Steve, Danny and Lee.


Despite Landsdowne winning the majority of first a second balls it was Manor who took the lead in what was admittedly against the run of play after 15 minutes. Lee Brockett found some space on the edge of the box as he pulled away from his marker and slotted home to score in his fourth consecutive game. This seemed to kick the Super Hoops into life and began playing some neat football with some Lee Brocketts strength a constant thorn in their side. Tempers flared throughout the first half as the landsdowne players decided to contest every decision stand-in referee Scott made. Moments before half-time there appeared to be a head butt on Pat from the small striker but this went unpunished and it was this moment that caused a few talking points at half time.


In the second half Manor were playing against the wind and found themselves on the back foot for the majority but were looking dangerous on the counter attack. There were several chances to claim the much needed two goal cushion, the first coming after an excellent run from Damo who cut the ball back from the by-line only for Lee Brocketts shot to be blocked on the line. Rob also saw his effort well saved from their keeper and he was played in from the edge of the box.


Landsdowne were then reduced to ten men as their head butt suspect swung an elbow in Dales direction and was asked to leave the field of play. This seemed to spur them on and they equalised with ten minutes to go as Manor fell asleep from a quick throw in and despite Richie’s courageous efforts on the line, they slotted home the rebound. Their were a few flash points as tempers flared towards the end with Manor players being asked to "step up", but the game fizzled out to a 1-1 draw. There were some good performances in this match from skipper Rich at full back, Steve Brockett back to his old wing magic on the left hand side and from man of the match Damo who as always, worked tirelessly for the team and produced some excellent crosses that the side failed to convert.



Spanish Arch 2 v 3 Inter Manor 

With a disappointing turnout of just 11 players, the Manor side were in good spirits for this cup game after a few poor results. With a different formation the lads started well as soon as the game begun. It was a tight first half with the Spanish Arch side having more than their fair share of chances but some disciplined defending saw their strikers constantly running offside. After Spanish Arch hit the post the Hoops rallied and had a few efforts on goal, albeit some very very speculative efforts. The deadlock was broken after 30 minutes when Danny put it what seemed to be a poor corner but it somehow came through a pack of players and found Dennis at the back post to prod home and claim his first of the season. it remained 1-0 until half time.


The message at half-time was keep it simple and the boys did just that with a high tempo start to the half with some high work rate performances from Dennis and Tomoki, who on his first start for the club, was a revelation in the middle of the park. 10 minutes into the second half the Hoops won a free kick just outside the box and in Steve Brockett’s absence, Danny stepped up to curl a delightful effort that went in off the far post. However, Spanish Arch continued to play some neat passing football and put Manor on the back foot immediately. The 2 goal lead was kept for 5 minutes before they pulled one back after Dale was caught with the ball and the mistake was punished as they slotted the ball home. However, an excellent team spirit ensured the lads bounced straight back and it was 3-1 when Pat put in a delightful ball from the right wing and found a diving Lee Brockett at the back post who scored his fourth goal in as many games.


Just when Manor thought the game was won a counter attack down our right hand side caused Dale to come out of the middle to try and win the ball on the flank. The attacker got their first and after a fine save from Dan, their attacked volleyed the rebound into the despairing Richie on the line. The Hoops battled well throughout the final 10 minutes with everyone working hard to keep it tight at the back which in the end, they did. An excellent team performance secured a place in the quarter final for the team. Particular mention to debutant Tomoki who capped an excellent all-action display with his first ever Man of the Match award.

Inter Manor 0 v 3 Spanish Arch 
The first home game of the season ended in defeat and for the second game in a row, Manor conceded a soft goals within the first 5 minutes as a goal kick came off the head of Danny Glock only to fall to the feet to an unmarked striker 20 yards out. He then took two touches before tucking the ball past the advancing dan Evans in goal. The first half performance was very poor and the side lacked rythym and shape.
Harsh words were exchanged at half-time and a double substitution saw the side up the tempo and put the opposition on the back foot. It took the Hoops 50 mins to have their first attempt on target with Pat manton going close. As the side continued to press they were caught on the conter attack twice in 10 minutes with 2 specultive efforts finding the top corner of the net. Plenty of positives can be taken from the 2nd half performance and proof that there is plenty competition for places within the squad.
Rayners Lane 2001 8 v 2 Inter Manor
Manor were on the end of a heavy defeat in what was always going to be an uphill struggle. Manor conceded early on and never regained the impetus to keep a stronghold on the game despite some spiritied performances. individual errors were costly at the back with the back four and keeper gifting the opposition goals.
Inter Manor 4 v 2 United Solutions
A mix-up in picthes saw both teams travel from Cavendish to Broadfields just before kick-off and the match started 30 mins late. The delays clearly effected the opposition more than the Hoops, who were wearing the new Nike kit for the first time (although in hindsight, getting every kit XL may have been a mistake!). Manor played some excellent one touch football early on and looked dangerous from set pieces with the excellent delivery from Steve Brockett and the long throw from Dennis Murray.
The deadlock was broken after 15 minutes when a corner from the left hand side was cleared by a United Solution defender but well to the feet of Scott Hall who struck the ball first time straight in to the postage stamp to claim his first competitve goal for the club. The Hoops continued to domiate play and with some excellent displays of passign football saw the side take a 4-0 lead with a twenty yard screamer by Rob Rispin, a brave header from Lee Brockett and a close range effort by Pat Manton. 
The game should have been over at this stage but a spirited United Solutions side pulled two goals back with an excellent 25 yard strike that beat the diving dan Evans. Their other goal came courtesy of some neat football on the edge f the box and a tidy finishing dinked over the advancing keeper. At this stage Manor were on the back foot and Dan Evans was forced into numerous saves to keep hsi side in it. However, Manor held on to secure the three points and get their season off to a winning start.


Inter Manor 5 v 7 Larkspur Rovers B



Dan, Rich Tony, Ashley, George, Steve, Damian, Ally, Dave, Sean, Lee B


Match Report

Kick off was delayed by ten minutes due to the Larkspur squad arriving late for the game and this seemed to unsettle the Manor team on a chillingly cold Sunday morning. Both teams took the lead on numerous occasions but were unable to get a hold on to the game until deep in the second half when Inter Manor seemed to have things wrapped up at 5-4. A speculative effort from 30 yards sailed over Dan's head into the back of the net and then an own goal by Ashley swung the pendulum back in the favour of Larkspur. The final goal was added in injury time as Manor pushed up the pitch in search of an equaliser and Larkspur caught them on the counter attack to take all three points.


Before that Larkspur had taken the lead early and then after a brace from Ally they were awarded a penalty which was converted. In truth the keeper should have saved it but Manor then regained the lead as Ally notched his tally up to four and Damian got his first goal for the club. In the end some poor defending and a poor display from the keeper saw Larkspur get all 3 points. Ally will be pleased with the 4 goals but he would have swapped those for 3 points for the struggling team.

MOM - Ally


Inter Manor 5 v 2 Starlite



Dan, Rich, Tony, Ashley, George, Steve, Lee H, Ally, Dave, Zenon, Lee B - Subs: Sean, Damien



This game was billed as a relegation six-pointer and proved to be so in what was a very entertaining match. A large pitch enabled some good football to be played but it was Starlite who came out of the traps the quickest when after 10 minutes they capitalised when George was left 2 on 1 after a short throw in and the attacker placed a neat volley into the far past beyond the dive of Dan in goal. The first 20 minutes were encouraging for Starlite as Manor had to endure heavy pressure and Tony used his aerial ability to relieve much of the pressure off Rich, George and Ashley at the back. Soon after Manor equalised through a well worked goal through the midfield and Steve ran on the through ball and calmly slotted in past the advancing keeper. It stayed one apiece till the break, no thanks to Ally after missing a sitter from all of 2 yards not to mention the foul throw! But Lee Mayes told his troops at half time he wanted more of what was shown in the last ten minutes of the first half and less of the opening 35 minutes.


They lads did what they were told but only after Starlite regained the lead when the attacking midfielder got ahead of the Manor middle four and the defence we slow to close him down. This was punished by a well taken strike tucked in to the far corner beyond the despairing dive from the skipper. Manor then stepped up a gear when Tony, Zenon and Lee B took the game by the scruff of the neck. A free kick on the right hand side won by Zenon and expertly taken by Steve was superbly finished by Tony who leaped above the rest in the box and sent the ball back where it came from into the far post. The next goal come courtesy of hard work from Lee B who never gave up on a lost cause and hassled the defender into an error which was then hammered in to the roof of the net to make it 3-2. Tony made it 4 with a 30 yard strike on the volley that looped over the keepers head and made it all but safe. Dan had to make a point blank save in the last 10 minutes to keep the two goal lead when he tipped the ball over the bar. The Zenon capped a fine individual performance with a solo effort in stoppage time. After rounding half the team he dummied the keeper to slot home in to an empty net. A fine team performance from Manor and they will the to carry on from this next week against Larkspur.

MOM - Tony


Inter Manor 0 v 2 Tyson Lee



Dan, Rich, Matt, Ashley, John, George, Stuart, Tony, Dave, Steve B, Lee B - Subs: Sean



A boggy pitch put paid to any hopes of either team playing decent football and in the end it was a scrappy and un-entertaining affair that Manor were once again unfortunate to loose. The first half was fifty-fifty in terms of possession and Tyson Lee put away they only chances they managed to carve out against a resolute back line. Chances were hard to come by in the first 45 and Manor threw caution to the wind in the last 45. The Golds were dominant throughout the final period but failed to create a clear cut opening. Numerous goal mouth scrambles were not converted and Tyson Lee clung on for all 3 points. Tireless frontwork from Lee B all morning but to no avail as the lads felt more should have been taken from the game.

MOM - Lee B


Inter Manor 0 v 6 Xotic



Dan, Rich, Matt, Ashley, John, George, Dave, Ally, Zenon, Steve B, Lee B - Subs: Sean, Lee H



The squad went in to this game on the back of gaining their first point in seven games but this was short lived as they suffered a thumping defeat. The team came out of the blocks well showing much endeavour and looked a tight unit. Clear cut chances were at a premium for both sides with Manor having one opportunity to brake the deadlock with a free header from 10 yards going just a few inches the wrong side of the post. A few good blocks from Ashley and Matt in the heart of defence ensured Dan was protected well for the first 45 minutes. In the second half the lads never started and conceded an early penalty when Richard Robbins hacked down the forward as he was clean through on goal and the penalty was finished comfortably. The hammer blow was when a second was conceded immediately and the boys never recovered from that. An early change saw John come off due to having a bad ear and George moving to full back. George adapted to the change well but could not stop another four goals being shipped in courtesy of an Ashley own goal, disastrous marking and a disgracefully unsportsmanlike gaol. The performance of Zenon on the wing was one of the few bright sparks in an otherwise disappointing game.

MOM - Zenon


Inter Manor 2 v 2 LNER 2nds



Dan, Rich, Matt, Seb, George, Simon, Tony, Ally, Steve B, Dave, Lee B - Subs: Sean



Manor went in to this game off the back of six straight defeats but managed to come out of the blocks early. A good bright start saw early pressure pay dividends when a long throw was flicked on and Lee Brocket clipped home to put the side 1-0 up. The lads were not happy with 1-0 and immediately put their defence under more pressure when another goal mouth scramble resulted in Steve Brockett getting the final touch for another scrappy but well deserved goal. However after the half hour mark LNER began to find a rhythm to their play and consistent pressure saw Dan Evans put under pressure in goal with George nearly putting through his own net. Then the turning point was when Manor were through two on one and squandered a glorious chance in front of goal. The team then suffered a cruel blow when right on the stroke of half time the LNER forward danced round the defence and curled the ball in the top right hand corner. Manor rallied at half time and were determined not to throw the game away but despite this LNER had the majority of possession and it was only a matter of time before they equalised. A ball was crossed from the left to the striker who headed towards goal the initial effort was saved for only the rebound the be buried by the unmarked winger. In the dying stages Manor had another goal mouth scramble the somehow didn’t go in. In the end LNER deserved a point for showing great bouncebackability but the Inter Manor team will be gutted at throwing away a two goal lead and two much needed points.

MOM - Dan E



Inter Manor 0 v 2 Belstone Reserves



Dan, Rich, Matt, Seb. George, Lee B, Dave, Tony, Ally, Simon, Sean - Subs: John



After a pre-match huddle the lads were really fired up for this game and the opening twenty minutes proved it with Belstone being pegged back in to their half for long periods. The final ball was eluding the Manor players and frustration crept in as they failed to score while on top in the game. Belstone began to find their feet but Tony and Ally were a constant threat in midfield all afternoon as they were rarely beaten to any ball in the air. Sean was working hard in the first half closing down the defence but a lack of support meant no clear cut chances were made.

Then Belstone broke the deadlock after a searching ball down the left hand side was clinically finished with a fine strike by their skipper in off the far post. At half time the boys still felt confident they could get a result from the game and Lee Mayes shuffled his pack early in the second half as a last throw of the dice in order to stop the rot. However, Manor suffered another setback after a clever ball down the left flank resulted in another easy goal as the unmarked striker slotted home from four yards. Manor never really looked threatening in the final third despite being solid in defence and competitive in the midfield. In truth in could have been a lot more than 2-0 but for some excellent last ditch tackles and a fine save by the keeper' in the last 5 minutes.

MOM - Tony



Inter Manor 0 v 3 Ruislip Royals



Dan, Rich, Matt, Tony, George, Dave, Lee H, Ally, Steve B, Sean, Lee B - Subs: Jermaine, Paul



The Inter Manor boys went into this game on the back of four consecutive defeats. The game started with Ruislip Royals dominating play and Inter Manor never being able to settle into a rhythm of play. Midway through the first half a Ruislip Royals attack down the right hand side resulted in them taking the lead after a fine save by Dan Evans resulted in the rebound falling to the feet of their striker who tucked away the easiest of chances. The rest of the first half passed without many clear cut chances for either side. Some harsh words were said from the Inter Manor management as they were aware that the team were performing way below potential.


In the second half the Manor boys came out of the traps quickly and an early substitution saw the introduction of Jermaine to the side. However, soon after another break down the right hand side resulted in Ruislip Royals taking a two nil lead. Manor were caught on the counter attack and a teasing ball across the penalty area was calmly slotted home to give Ruislip Royals a 2 goal advantage. After the introduction of Paul and Tony moving up the field front the back it was do or die for Manor. The second goal was a cruel blow as it came at a time when Manor seemed to be getting back into the game. We hit the bar from Paul and Steve B and Lee H both went close without ever really troubling the keeper. Then in the last ten minutes after a good challenge from Ally the ball ricocheted into the path of the opposing midfielder who struck the ball from 35 yards out and it sailed into the back of the net. This summed up the whole morning for Inter Manor and the boys felt extremely disappointed with the result and performance. They will want the next game to come as quick as possible in order to put the past few weeks performances behind them.

MOM - Ally